COURSE HANDBOOK – 2019
Units of Competency
To gain a Cert III in Animal Studies, you are required to complete 12 units of competency.
Seven of these are compulsory core units, and the other five are electives from within the training package.
- ACMGAS202 Participate in workplace communications
- ACMGAS203 Complete animal care hygiene routines
- ACMGAS301 Maintain and monitor animal health and wellbeing
- ACMGAS303 Plan for and provide nutritional requirements for animals
- ACMINF301 Comply with infection control policies and procedures in animal work
- ACMWHS301 Contribute to occupational health and safety processes
- ACMSUS401 Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
Electives have been set by ACAC to ensure the best learning outcomes based on our course structure and to maximise credits to other courses. You cannot change these electives.
- ACMGAS308 Communicate effectively with clients and team members
- ACMCAS304 Capture, handle and transport companion animals
ACMCAS306 Provide grooming services for companion animal comfort
- ACMCAS307 Provide companion animal hydro-bathing services
- ACMGAS205 Assist in health care of animals