COURSE HANDBOOK – 2019
Units of Competency
To gain a ACM20117 Certificate II in Animal Studies (General Animal Care), you are required to complete 12 units of competency.
Eight of these are compulsory core units, and the other four are set electives.
The units of competency that make up the Certificate II in Animal Studies are:
- ACMGAS201 Work in the animal care industry
- ACMWHS201 Participate in occupational health & safety processes
- ACMGAS203 Complete Animal care Hygiene Routines
ACMSUS201 Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
- ACMGAS202 Participate in workplace communications
ACMGAS205 Assist in the health care of animals
- ACMGAS204 Feed & Water Animals
- ACMGAS206 Provide basic first aid for animals
Electives in this course have been set by ACAC to ensure the best learning outcomes based on our course structure and to maximise credits to other ACAC courses. You cannot change these electives.
- ACMINF301 Comply with infection control policies and procedures in animal work
- ACMCAS304 Capture, handle and transport companion animals
- ACMGAS308 Communicate effectively with clients and team members
- ACMGAS208 Source information for animal care needs